Monday, April 09, 2018

Why won't a safety pin do?

I have been wearing shorts held together by a safety pin for years but apparently that's not good enough for Husband. So I, the woman who hates sewing, sewed his button on. Round of applause please.
Yes, I know it's white cotton but that's the only cotton I have. He's lucky I had a needle as I gave everything away in one of my recent splurges of the 'Am I likely to use this?' kind.

I know there will be voices saying, 'Tell him to do it himself,' but that would put us on the edge of anarchy where there are no rules about who does what and I rather like the status quo, sewing being the obvious exception. 

In other news, we have a wonderful display of hellebores this year in spite of the lacking of pruning, judicious or otherwise. I never entertained the idea of having them in the garden until I saw them on the blog of a keen gardening friend, Rose. Isn't it wonderful how we can think of people we've never met as friends thanks to blogs? And we don't necessarily have the same interests of views.



And finally dinner last night, slow roast belly of pork.


1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Belly pork and buttons.
You're an example to us all!