Tuesday, November 14, 2017

To find myself lying in a pool of blood

When I went to bed last night the last thing I expected was to wake and find myself in a pool of blood.


Everything was fine when I went to bed and stayed fine until about four am. That's when I woke up and started vomiting.

Sitting on the floor in the smallest room hugging the toilet isn't a good place to be. I went back to bed only to scurry back to the toilet. After throwing up again I began to feel very hot and woozy. That was the last thing I remember.

Next minute - or possibly later - I opened my eyes, wondering where I was and why there was blood coming from my nose.

Today I am in bed and feeling very sorry for myself. I appear to have bruised not only my nose but my back as well. How I managed to hit both side at once is a mystery to be solved.

With my extensive forensic knowledge gleaned from years of watching Morse, Lewis and Midsomer Murders, I deduce from the blood stain on the door that I hit my nose on it - and presumably caught my back on the wall/door post. To be fair, in such a small room, there's not much else I could have done.

But I am in great pain and would appreciate much sympathy.

8 comments:

nick said...

Oh dear, most unfortunate. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Nick.

Trubits of Life. said...

I am so sorry to read of your accident Liz and sincerely hope
you will soon recover. You will be in a state of shock.
I can empathise with you as I've had a few nasty falls
and was really shocked to the point where Ian called the doctor,
who prescribed some Oramorph Syrup (pain relief), it was amazing
how quickly it worked, it made me sleepy, however, best thing to do in
your pedicament, is to rest !
I know how we all don't like to bother our busy GP's but that's what
they're there for, so. if you are no better shortly give him/her a call.(Please) xxx
Also, fainting is an indication that all is not as it should be so,
that should be checked out pronto.
Sorry to lecture you but my GP told Ian off for not calling her sooner,
which of course was my fault, as I didn't want any fuss!
Hope you will soon be skipping through the woodlands with your lovely pooch,
George.
Love Di xxx

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Di. I've been taking it easy today - not much choice! But I'll see how I am tomorrow.

Liz Hinds said...

My shoulder seems a little improved - but that may just be the paracetamol - but my black eye is developing nicely, Shirl!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

This fainting-as-throwing-up, means you were really sick.

Sounds like a case of food poisoning.

What did you eat, the night before?

Think... So you don't do this again.

We can quite easily, get salmonella. A son of ours, was hospitalized with it. Probably from lunch, from a nice downtown deli. -sigh-

Trubits of Life. said...

Glad to note the improvement Liz but do take care, love Di...

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

This is the point when someone always says , "What HAVE you done to yourself ? ", as though you've done it just to be awkward.
Take it easy and drink chamomile tea with a little honey if you don't mind the taste. (I can't stand it!). Hope you're feeling a lot better tomorrow .